Stocking stuffers are my favorite! Growing up I jumped on my stocking before even glancing at what Santa brought. Cause what does a middle aged chunky guy know about tweens? But Mrs. Clause who picks the stocking stuff ROCKS! My stocking was jammed with candy, a grapefruit that I rarely got otherwise and pretties! I received my first nail polish, mascara and tinted lip gloss in my stocking. I was officially recognized as a “woman”. Ok, it was more like a nob that I wasn’t going to wear pigtails ever again, but it was still THE MOMENT. Christmas miracles do happen…..because my dad barely flinched when I pulled those things out of my stocking.
Today, my husband still makes sure that I get a grapefruit, and he consults my list of suggestions for the rest. Hey, don’t hate me because I’m organized! Stockings are a BIG deal in my family. And as such, I want to offer some suggestions in case you’re lost for inspiration. This isn’t a list for the kiddos, they are easy…..playdough, silly putty, yo yo’s, mini trolls…… this is for someone older, a last minute guest or the Stocking Stuffer Connoisseur.
Awesome Stocking Stuffers
Keep in mind as you read this list, that I am still at heart a Frugally Stylish Diva so think Dollar Tree stocking stuffers. I also like the personal touches of homemade gifts and thoughtful or humorous gestures.
Stocking Stuffers To Buy
- Earbuds! Sometimes I’m not sure this is their gift or mine. Have you ever had to listen to 6 straight hours of English Soccer? No? Well, that’s how this idea became a favorite.
- Nail Polish! It holds a special place in my heart. Get them a color that they may never buy for themselves!
- Gloves! If you can knit, you’re golden! If not, buy them a warm, fuzzy and fun pair!
- Car Charger! Because everyone needs one. A cell won’t help you in an emergency if it’s dead.
- Flashlight Key Chain! Have your ever tried to put a key in a lock at Midnight without a light??!! Well…. there you go.
- Puzzles! Crossword, Sudoku, word searches or play on words. Snag their cells while they’re sleeping and download some free apps. BONUS! You get to put their cells in their stockings for an extra hide & seek game! That’ll motivate them to get into the Christmas spirit.
- Sunglasses! Cause everyone needs another pair of sunglasses to join the other 6 pairs you can’t find.
- Flash Drive! Can you ever have too many? Ok, that one is a hint for my family. But you can steal the idea anyway.
- Hairbrush, Comb, mustache comb… beard weedwhacker! Whichever applies.
- Travel Thermos! I couldn’t live without mine! Well I could, but my standard of happiness would drop.
Stocking Stuffers To Make
- Homemade Lip Balm! It’s easy to do. Try the Green Tea Lip Balm from Great Contradictions.
- Hot Chocolate Mix Packets!! I love to take these to work with me. Check out my recipe!
- Body Butters! Try Hens & Honey’s Luxurious Body Butter
- Homemade Shaving Cream! I love the DIY Creamy Shaving Soap from Joyelick!
- A Journal! Check out this easy to make Journal from A Beautiful Mess.
- Mud Pack! Try this delicious…I mean skin tingling Greek Yogurt & Cocoa Mud Mask found on Homesteading. Then check out her other Homemade Skin Care Recipes. After the holidays, you’re gonna want a Spa Day.
- Adult Coloring Books! Print several free pages on-line and make your own! You can find some beautiful pages on Crafting Lifestyle
- Peppermint Foot Scrub! Seriously, who wouldn’t love this! Men & Women. Here’s a great recipe at Sugar & Soul.
- No Sew Flannel Blanket Scarf! Ohh, I want one of these! Visit Wholefully to find out how!
- Hand Warmers! These come in handy in Oklahoma, and they are easy to make. Just ask I Heart Naptime!
Stocking Stuffers -Cards & Coupons
- Gas Card! That’s a sure hit!
- Starbucks Gift Card! Or any small gift card that will let them bask in a food obsession.
- Lottery Ticket! For the gambler in your life. Just FYI, the scratch off ones are MORE FUN! But be sure they understand if it’s a winner, it’s a 50/50 split!
- Give a Date Night Coupon! Invite your spouse to dinner! You don’t have to go out if your financial situation prevents that, but give them a coupon with a date and time. Be sure to arrange for free babysitting if it’s needed!
- Homemade Coupons! Give the gift of a free Foot massage, a 20 minute complaint free back scratch session, a Family Movie Night with snacks or a Get Out Of Trouble Free Card that they can present during a marital or teen drama fest. Uhh…… might want to make that last one a book of coupons.
I hope this list helps with any last minute stocking stuffer emergencies! Do you have a favorite stocking stuffer? What is it? Leave me a comment and tell me your favorite!